Thursday, October 05, 2006

Stoog-erific

I've read some funny stuff in my life, but this, from The Smoking Gun has got to be close to the top of the list.

You know how you always read about prima donna celebrities who have weird and strange requests, wait- make that demands- when they perform... special water, or sandwiches, cheeses, candies, etc? Well, TSG has obtained the concert rider of Iggy & the Stooges... unlike anything you've ever seen. It's long, 18 pages. I still haven't gotten through all of it, partly because I can't stop laughing.. unfortunately, I can't cut and paste a few excerpts here, because TSG has some kind of anti-theft geekery going on. Hell, I'm giving them the credit! Anyway, go read it all. It's worth it.

By the way, did I ever mention that I knew Iggy, way back in 1964, when he was still just little Jimmy Osterberg, drummer for the garage band, The Iguanas? A whole post in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!