Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wow! A Record-Setting Day.


(click to enlarge)
You guys are awesome. You must really like Sandia. Or was it the old Deerhound? Whatever the motivation, yesterday set an all time record for visits to this site. 126 visits! Only a few weeks ago, the daily average was around 18-22. Do the math. The traffic increase seems to be connected to our westward movement into New Mexico. Hmmm.

And based on the new country counter we've put on the sidebar, we're actually getting readers from other coutries.. I mean other countries besides the Netherlands. ;-) South Africa? Bahrain? Austria? Yemen? Sweden? Argentina? Vietnam?...... Vietnam? (No, I don't have any children there trying to hunt me down... that I know of.) A quick check on SiteMeter shows that many of the visitors from these other countries... 30 different countries!, actually spend time here, and read stuff. Others, for whatever deviant reasons, get here from Google searches that take them to the screwing deer photo I used in a previous post. Many others come here from Patrick's blog, or Steve Bodio's Querencia, which is odd, since he doesn't have a link to us there.

Anyway... thanks for visiting. I'll try to make it worth your while to keep coming back. For instance, I'm taking Sandia out again today, so we can beat the possible "wintry mix" that's coming tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, you can blame it on me as I linked to you guys yesterday from my blog. ;) Actually, I bet it was probably more like a MAXIMUM of 2 visitors came from my page, so it wasn't my doing (although I *did* link to you from my last entry).

    Sandia was pretty amazing, though. I did come back like 3 times to check out the pictures again (and to share his pics with my roommate). Congrats on his great work. It'll be interesting to watch him progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure it was the Deerhound List, every one of them after I posted that they could see my geezer deerhound chasing a rabbit.

    I remember you guys from the first Ridgeback Rodeo, right? Like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that was us. Good memory! My little rescue spazz is no longer as much of a spazz as she was at the Rodeo. She's gotten over many of her fears since then.

    Oh, and I don't think I mentioned it before, but many thanks for having Buffy and Fanny at the first Rodeo. Clara was totally scared of anything Greyhound shaped, no matter how many times she saw the local Ann Arbor Greyhounds when we were on walks.

    She watched Buffy and Fanny lure course *once* at the Ridgeback Rodeo and it was like a light bulb went on in her head. She now knew what those "weird shaped" dogs were made for, and knew that they were cool, and she's no longer scared of them.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome!